Salary: £17,000.00 to £19,000.00 /year
The School seeks to appoint an Administration Assistant to assist the Bursar in our busy administration department.
The appointed person will be responsible to the Bursar and will be expected to ensure effective support is provided to the administration of the school.
It is essential that communication with staff, governors and parents is performed in a pleasant and courteous manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Assist with Sage Line 50 Accounts consisting of sales (i.e. school fees), purchase and nominal ledgers providing monthly management accounts to trial balance. Cash book reconciliation and banking, petty cash and administration of all computerised transactions.
- Provide backup in the absence of the Bursar: Sage Line 50 Payroll consisting of Monthly payroll for approximately 50 staff members including reports necessary to complete monthly journals to Sage Line 50 Accounts.
- Provide general clerical support:
- Dealing with incoming/outgoing mail
- Undertake some reception duties incl. answering the telephone and responding to standard queries and enquiries – dealing with visitors where appropriate
- Assist in processing Nursery Education Grants (once per term)
- Parents’ Society donations
- Childcare vouchers
- HR administration
- Assist with credit control
- Health & Safety including awareness of current legislation
- Setting up, attending and taking minutes of H&S meetings as required
- Provide assistance to the Bursar including:
- Property Maintenance/Caretaking & Cleaning departments
- Catering Department
- Contractual Housekeeping
- Hospitality & functions / hire of facilities
- Vehicle management
- Undertake any other duties that may be required for the effective operation of the school which on some occasions may involve attending functions/Open Day etc.
- Attend meetings/training sessions and take notes if required.
- In keeping with the level of authority and accountability, the health and safety responsibilities appropriate to this post include elements set out in the school’s statement of safety policy, which is available from the finance office on request.
The school is an ever-changing environment and demands and duties of the administration department change and grow accordingly. The Administration Assistant will be required to have a flexible approach to these changes and variety of duties, providing the Bursar with support, liaising with her on matters of importance and deputising in her absence. Whilst the role will be required to maintain a level of responsibility in domestic and catering matter’s they will liaise with the Bursar on decision making where necessary. Liaison/communication with other departments is essential and confidentiality is of paramount importance. The flexibility of working time in the event of absence due to sickness or annual leave will be required in order to ensure the administration department is fully covered.
The successful candidate must take pride in their work, have patience, excellent communication skills and be a good team player. He/she will be flexible, resilient and able to think on their feet with a flexible approach to provide a high quality of service.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. (Overseas good character check if applicable)
St Pius X Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Early applications are encouraged as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to give status updates or feedback, if you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted immediately on closing.
The hours of work: *Monday to Friday, 8.10am – 5.00pm (1 hour Lunch Break) – All year round
The rate of pay: £17,000 – £19,000 per annum dependent on experience
Holiday Entitlement: 20 days per year – subject to availability within the department. All bank holidays plus 1 additional day (Governors Day)
*Applications forms MUST be completed to be considered for shortlisting. Please visit the school website for an Application Form: http://stpiusx.co.uk/job/administration-assistant/
Job Type / Category
This is a full-time role, all year round, in a school environment
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Excel & Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50 Accounts & Payroll software to fulfil job description (Desirable)
- Training is given
- Mentoring available
- Company Pension
- 20 days holiday per year – subject to availability within the department. All bank holidays plus 1 additional day (Governors Day)
Applications MUST be made on application forms through our website.